I should have expected the question:
What is confidence?
I stopped for a while, trying to find the right words. Expressing yourself in a language that's not your native one, can be tricky.
In the end, I tapped into it-the essense of confidence to me.
Confidence is when you're faced with a challenge and you know you've got it, you can do this-or, if you can't in the moment, you can build yourself up to where you need to be to face it.
It's a muscle I work on daily-after all, so many things are out to get me:
- The daily confrontation with things I should be doing but don't know how to do yet=entrepreneur life.
- The dresses that refuse to fit me.
- The cookies. Especially the cookies.
Confidence shines from the inside out but what's on the outside also reflects within.
When I take care of how I look, when I put on my red lisptick and my statement colorful jewelry the sun shines a bit brighter. It boosts my productivity, it helps me push through, it helps me feel better.
And when I feel better, I am a better mom. A better friend. A better version of me. They call it dopamine dressing for a reason-and in my case, it works.
Does it work for you, too?
Check out the rest of our conversation with Bronte
We went over
- Handling challenges and fear during major life shifts
- Building up confidence
- Favorite books and quotes
- Living life outside of the squares
- The impact of jewelry on how you feel
- And much more
You can find it on episode 31 of the Confidence Connection Show
May we live energized and inspired, we only get each moment once...
Leave a comment